EcgMove 4 – ECG and Activity Sensor
As part of the new sensor generation, the EcgMove 4 activity sensor combines the previous benefits of the proven EcgMove 3 with the 4th generation enhancements, allowing us to address a wide range of researchers' needs, implement their requests, and further enhance the quality of the sensors. Thus, the EcgMove 4 strengthens it's position as the go to device for researchers who care about high quality ECG and Activity data.
The 4th sensor generation offers researchers numerous advantages, including:
- New design for optimal handling: The improved case offers a sleek design aesthetic offering many practical advantages. The waterproof and dirt-repellent housing coupled with the improved carrying systems make the sensors simpler, more versatile and safer to use.
- More data collection capabilities: Thanks to the integration of the latest technologies, the 4th generation sensors now incorporate a Gyroscope (Angular Rate Sensor).
- Improved analysis possibilities: Our highly acclaimed acceleration sensor also received an overhaul, and now records the measurement data at an even higher resolution. Consequently, we’ve achieved significant improvements in the obtainable results, especially in the analysis of sedentary behavior and non-wear detection.
- Increased data retention: A new Bluetooth buffer ensures the preservation of data during disconnection, with the buffered data transferred upon reconnection; thus guaranteeing a continuous data recording at all times.
- Broader research applications: Already a class leader in quality data acquisition for many research areas, these improvements expand the EcgMove 4's research capabilities. All the while remaining the best choice for researcher's requiring high quality ECG and physical activity data.
The EcgMove 4 follows on from the EcgMove 3 as the most precise sensor for the measurement of ECG combined with physical activity. Capable of long term ambulatory recordings without the inconvenience of cables. Through the parallel recording of the ECG and Activity Signals (ECG, 3D Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Barometric Air Pressure, and Temperature), the EcgMove 4 offers a rich treasure trove of data for the detailed analysis of the functioning of the heart, the autonomic nervous system, and additionally behaviour and activity. Whilst recording the raw data stream, the sensor can also analyze certain parameters live on the sensor and transmit the results via Bluetooth smart interface, e.g. to a smartphone.
The sensor is optimized for use in scientific studies and interactive ambulatory assessment. The new attachment systems offer you great flexibility in use and a high wearing comfort for the study participant, with the choice of adhesive electrodes or our acclaimed dry electrode textile chest belt. This leads to improved compliance, higher data volume and quality, and thus reduces the effort of carrying out a study and reduces costs.
Combined with our Analysis-Software DataAnalyzer allows the simple calculation of parameters such as Heart Frequency, Heart Rate Variability, Activity Class, Steps, Energy Expenditure and Metabolic Equivalent of Task (MET).
- New design with new carrying systems in a waterproof housing
- Advanced data acquisition through integrated gyroscope
- New acceleration sensor with higher resolution
- Attachment detection for automatically starting a measurement
- Live analysis of measurement data
- Improved data transfer via Bluetooth Smart interface
- Combination of ECG- and Activity measurement in a single system
- Exact and validated Energy Expenditure calculations and detection of everyday activities
- Java API for USB (Windows)
- API: Example implementation for Bluetooth Smart (Android)
- Interactive Ambulatory Assessment
- Mobile long term monitoring of Heart rate and Heart Rate Variability
- Examination of the Autonomic Nervous System
- Behavioural Monitoring
- Psycho-physiological Stress-Monitoring
- Energy Expenditure Calculation and Activity Recognition
- Affective Computing
- Integration in complex systems
Matching products and services
Number of charging cycles
300 (with 1 C / 1 C > 80%)
Maximum recording capacity
Battery run time
~ 3 days
~ 1 hour
Size of sensor (W x H x D)
62,3 mm x 38,6 mm x 11,5 mm
Weight of sensor
Resolution: 12 bit, Input range CM = 560 mV, DM = +/-5 mV, 3db bandwidth 1,6 - 33 Hz
Output rate: 1024 Hz
3D acceleration sensor:
Measurement range: +/- 16 g
Output rate: 64 Hz
Rotation rate sensor:
Measurement range: +/-2000 dps
Output rate: 64 Hz
Measurement range: 300 - 1100 hPa
Noise: 0,03 hPa
Output rate: 8 Hz
Output rate: 1 Hz
HRV is valid
Micro-USB, Bluetooth Smart (4.0)
Java API for USB (Windows)
Example for Bluetooth Smart (Android)
Chest Belt, adhesive Electrodes
-20 °C to 60 °C
0 °C to 45 °C during charging
300 to 1200 hPa absolute
Literature und Validation
- Acute effects of a motor coordination intervention on executive functions in kindergartners: a proof-of-concept randomized controlled trial.
- Digital circadian and sleep health in individual hospital shift workers: A cross sectional telemonitoring study.
- Study-based evaluation of accuracy and usability of wearable devices in manual assembly.
- Decreased sympathetic cardiovascular influences and hormone-physiological changes in response to Covid-19-related adaptations under different learning environments.
- Prefrontal cortex oxygenation and autonomic nervous system activity under transcutaneous auricular vagus nerve stimulation in adolescents.
- The heart and diving; an alternative way to monitor a diver's heart functioning underwater.
- Physiological Stress Reactivity and Recovery: Some Laboratory Results Transfer to Daily Life.
- Deepaware: A hybrid deep learning and context-aware heuristics-based model for atrial fibrillation detection.
- mCardia: A Context-Aware ECG Collection System for Ambulatory Arrhythmia Screening.
- Combining cardiac monitoring with actigraphy aids nocturnal arousal detection during ambulatory sleep assessment in insomnia.
- The association between self-reported stress and cardiovascular measures in daily life: A systematic review.
- Feelings from the heart: Developing HRV decrease-trigger algorithms via multilevel hyperplane simulation to detect psychosocially meaningful episodes in everyday life.
- Nature contact and psychological well-being in adults.
- Effect of Workstation Type on the Relationship Between Fatigue, Physical Activity, Stress, and Sleep.
- Heart rate variability change during a stressful cognitive task in individuals with anxiety and control participants.
- The CARP Mobile Sensing Framework - A Cross-platform, Reactive, Programming Framework and Runtime Environment for Digital Phenotyping.
- From ear to eye? No effect of transcutaneous vagus nerve stimulation on human pupil dilation: A report of three studies.
- Heartbeats in the Wild: A Field Study Exploring ECG Biometrics in Everyday Life.
- Tele - Monitoring of Cancer Patients’ Rhythms during Daily Life Identifies Actionable Determinants of Circadian and Sleep Disruption.
- Social anxiety is associated with heart rate but not gaze behavior in a real social interaction.
- Stress-buffering effects of physical activity and cardiorespiratory fitness on metabolic syndrome: A prospective study in police officers.
- Does Cardiorespiratory Fitness Buffer Stress Reactivity and Stress Recovery in Police Officers? A Real-Life Study.
- Teachers’ ambulatory heart rate variability as an outcome and moderating variable in the job demands-resources model.
- I know how you feel - Predicting emotions from sensors for assisted pedelec experiences in smart cities.
- Ambulatory Assessment of Psychological and Physiological Stress on Workdays and Free Days Among Teachers. A Preliminary Study.
- Effect of Spatial Disorientation in a Virtual Environment on Gait and Vital Features in Patients with Dementia: Pilot Single-Blind Randomized Control Trial.
- Assessing New Methods to Optimally Detect Episodes of Non-metabolic Heart Rate Variability Reduction as an Indicator of Psychological Stress in Everyday Life: A Thorough Evaluation of Six Methods.
- Emulación de dispositivos wearables y monitorización remota inteligente de pacientes pediátricos.
- Breaking Up Sedentary Behavior Optimally to Enhance Mood.
- Effects of exercise training on heart rate variability in children and adolescents with pulmonary arterial hypertension: a pilot study.
- Driver Stress Response to Self-driving Vehicles and Takeover Request -- An Expert Assessment.
- Arousal Measurement Reflected in the Pupil Diameter for a Decision-Making Performance in Serious Games.
- Effects of Biophilic Interventions in Office on Stress Reaction and Cognitive Function: A Randomized Crossover Study in Virtual Reality.
- Heart Rate Variability and Performance of Commercial Airline Pilots during Flight Simulations.
- What could the baseline measurements predict about decision-making performance in serious games set in the financial context.
- Sedentary behavior in everyday life relates negatively to mood: An ambulatory Assessment study.
- Energy Expenditure During Incline Walking – Benefits of Integrating a Barometer into Activity Monitors.
- Paranoid Delusions as an Adaptive Response to Social Evaluative Stress?.
- Effectiveness of a smartphone-based worry-reduction training for stress reduction: A randomized-controlled trial.
- Brute Force ECG Feature Extraction Applied on Discomfort Detection.
- An experience sampling study on the nature of the interaction between traumatic experiences, negative affect in everyday life, and threat beliefs.
- Effects of office workstation type on physical activity and stress.
- Immediate and sustained effects of intermittent exercise on inhibitory control and task-related heart rate variability in adolescents.
- Physiological and cognitive performance of exposure to biophilic indoor environment.
- Cockpit Pilot Warning System: A Preliminary Study.
- Self-reported emotion regulation difficulties are associated with mood but not with the biological stress response to thin ideal exposure.
- A Pilot Mental Workload Case Study in a Full Flight Simulator.
- A Data Compression Hardware Accelerator Enabling Long-Term Biosignal Monitoring Based on Ultra-Low Power IoT Platforms.
- Sport activities in daily routine.
- Physical Activity and Affective Well-Being in Everyday Life Comparing Sport Activities and Daily Physical Activities Regarding Acute and Sustainable Associations.
- Resource Efficient Data Compression Algorithms for Demanding, WSN based Biomedical Applications.
- Mobile Sensors for Multiparametric Monitoring in Epileptic Patients.
- Real-Time Management of Multimodal Streaming Data for Monitoring of Epileptic Patients.
- Does a 20-week aerobic exercise training programme increase our capabilities to buffer real-life stressors? A randomized, controlled trial using ambulatory assessment.
- Integrating biosignals into information systems: A NeuroIS tool for improving emotion regulation.
- A personalized and reconfigurable cyberphysical system to handle multi-parametric data acquisition and analysis for mobile monitoring of epileptic patients.
- Study protocol: psychological and physiological consequences of exposure to mass media in young women-an experimental cross-sectional and longitudinal study and the role of moderators.
- Comparing Objective and Subjective Methods to Support Reflective Learning: an Experiment on the Influence on Affective Aspects.
- Emotions and Emotion Regulation in Economic Decision Making.
- Komfortgewinn für Passagiere auf Langstreckenflügen durch den Einsatz chronobiologisch angepasster LED-Kabinenbeleuchtung.
- A Biofeedback Game for Training Arousal Regulation during a Stressful Task: The Space Investor.
- Measuring emotional arousal for online applications: Evaluation of ultra-short term heart rate variability measures.
- Enhancing mobile working memory training by using affective feedback.
- Design and Evaluation of Affective Serious Games for Emotion Regulation Training.
- Mobile sensor systems for measurement of stress and physical activity in preventive healthcare applications.
- A Serious Game using Physiological Interfaces for Emotion regulation Training in the Context of Financial Decision-Making.
- An approach to automotive ECG measurement validation using a car-integrated test framework.
- Estimation of energy expenditure using accelerometers and activity-based energy models - validation of a new device.
- User Study: Motivation and User Acceptance of Using Physiological Data to Support Individual Reflection.
- From Stress Awareness to Coping Strategies of Medical Staff: Supporting Reflection on Physiological Data.
- Einsatz sensorgestützter Verfahren im Gesundheitswesen: Herausforderungen und Lösungsansätze.
- Motivation and User Acceptance of Using Physiological Data to Support Individual Reflection.
- Sensor Chest Strap Wirelessly Coupled with an e-Diary for Ambulatory Assessment of Psycho-Physiological Data.
- Heart rate variability: standards of measurement, physiological interpretation and clinical use. Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology..
You can find more publications here.