ECG and Activity Sensor
The EcgMove 3 is a psycho physiologic ambulatory measurement system for the assessment of ECG and physical activity. The sensor is equipped with a Bluetooth Smart interface and offers the possibility to perform a live analysis of data on the sensor. It is designed and optimized for research applications and for interactive ambulatory assessment.
The sensor acquires raw data of a single channel ECG, 3D acceleration, barometric air pressure and temperature for up to 2 weeks.
From this data secondary parameters like heart rate, heart rate variability, steps, activity classes, energy expenditure and additional reports (pdf) can be calculated with the movisens DataAnalyzer software.
The sensor can be worn with a dry electrode chest strap available in sizes S, M, L and XL, as well as with adhesive electrodes.
Apply for free student project
- Live analysis of data on the sensor
- Bluetooth Smart interface
- Combination of ecg and physical activity sensor in one compact system
- Comfortable chest strap with perfect signal quality for long-term measurements (up to 2 weeks), no annoying electrode cables
- Exact and validated energy expenditure calculation and activity recognition
- Sustainable data due to open file format
- Operation optimized for studies
- Java API for USB (Windows)
- API: Example for Bluetooth Smart (Android)
- Interactive Ambulatory Assessment
- Mobile long-term ECG monitoring
- Mobile long-term monitoring of heart rate and heart rate variability
- Study of the autonomic nervous system (ANS)
- Behavioral monitoring
- Psycho physiologic stress monitoring
- Energy expenditure calculation and activity recognition
- Affective computing
- Integration in complex monitoring systems
Matching products and services
2,7 - 4,2 V
Number of charging cycles
300 with 1C/1C > 80%
Maximum recording capacity
At least 2 weeks, depending on firmware configuration
Battery run time (recording, Bluetooth off)
~ 3 days
Size of sensor
(W x H x D)
62,3mm x 38,6mm x 11,5mm
Weight of sensor
Resolution: 12bit, Input range CM=560mV, DM=+/-5mV, Gain 227,
3db bandwidth 1,6 to 33Hz
Output rate: 256Hz to 1024Hz
3D acceleration sensor:
Measurement range: +/- 8 g
Noise: 4 mg
Output rate: 64 Hz
Measurement range: 300 - 1100 hPa
Noise: 0,03 hPa
Output rate: 1 Hz
(operation and charging status)
Vibrating alert (Marker)
Micro-USB, Bluetooth Smart
-20 °C to 60 °C
0 °C to 45 °C during charging
0 to 75% RH relative humidity
300 to 1100 hPa absolute
- Energy Expenditure During Incline Walking – Benefits of Integrating a Barometer into Activity Monitors.
- Effectiveness of a smartphone-based worry-reduction training for stress reduction: A randomized-controlled trial.
- Physiological and cognitive performance of exposure to biophilic indoor environment .
- A Data Compression Hardware Accelerator Enabling Long-Term Biosignal Monitoring Based on Ultra-Low Power IoT Platforms.
- Sport activities in daily routine.
- Physical Activity and Affective Well-Being in Everyday Life Comparing Sport Activities and Daily Physical Activities Regarding Acute and Sustainable Associations.
- Prolonged Non-metabolic Heart Rate Variability Reduction as a Physiological Marker of Psychological Stress in Daily Life.
- Resource Efficient Data Compression Algorithms for Demanding, WSN based Biomedical Applications .
- Mobile Sensors for Multiparametric Monitoring in Epileptic Patients.
- Real-Time Management of Multimodal Streaming Data for Monitoring of Epileptic Patients.
- Does a 20-week aerobic exercise training programme increase our capabilities to buffer real-life stressors? A randomized, controlled trial using ambulatory assessment.
- Integrating biosignals into information systems: A NeuroIS tool for improving emotion regulation.
- A personalized and reconfigurable cyberphysical system to handle multi-parametric data acquisition and analysis for mobile monitoring of epileptic patients.
- Study protocol: psychological and physiological consequences of exposure to mass media in young women-an experimental cross-sectional and longitudinal study and the role of moderators.
- Comparing Objective and Subjective Methods to Support Reflective Learning: an Experiment on the Influence on Affective Aspects.
- Emotions and Emotion Regulation in Economic Decision Making.
- Design and Evaluation of Affective Serious Games for Emotion Regulation Training.
- Komfortgewinn für Passagiere auf Langstreckenflügen durch den Einsatz chronobiologisch angepasster LED-Kabinenbeleuchtung.
- A Biofeedback Game for Training Arousal Regulation during a Stressful Task: The Space Investor.
- Measuring emotional arousal for online applications: Evaluation of ultra-short term heart rate variability measures.
- Enhancing mobile working memory training by using affective feedback..
- Mobile sensor systems for measurement of stress and physical activity in preventive healthcare applications.
- A Serious Game using Physiological Interfaces for Emotion regulation Training in the Context of Financial Decision-Making..
- An approach to automotive ECG measurement validation using a car-integrated test framework.
- Motivation and User Acceptance of Using Physiological Data to Support Individual Reflection.
- Estimation of energy expenditure using accelerometers and activity-based energy models - validation of a new device.
- User Study: Motivation and User Acceptance of Using Physiological Data to Support Individual Reflection..
- From Stress Awareness to Coping Strategies of Medical Staff: Supporting Reflection on Physiological Data.
- Einsatz sensorgestützter Verfahren im Gesundheitswesen: Herausforderungen und Lösungsansätze.
- Sensor Chest Strap Wirelessly Coupled with an e-Diary for Ambulatory Assessment of Psycho-Physiological Data.
- Heart rate variability: standards of measurement, physiological interpretation and clinical use. Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology..
You can find more publications here.