Added Android 7 and 8 Compatibility (Nougat and Oreo)
We updated our whole code base to be compatible with the new android versions.
Log Apps and Lock other Apps now compatible with Android 5+
We have completely rewritten our internal code to make the "Lock other Apps" functionality and the "logging which app is used (beta)" compatible with newer android versions.
Silent mode warning card
In case a participant accidentally puts their smartphone to silent mode we display a warning card on the home screen to let them know that they might miss alarms.
Notification if location tracking was disabled
In case you use location tracking and a participant accidentally disables location tracking we show a notification until the participant activates the location tracking again.
Added log music condition (Beta)
We added a new beta functionality that logs the music your participant listens to. It logs the artist, the album, and the track currently playing. It has been implemented for several android music apps and has been tested with the largest tree: Google Android Player, Amazon Music and Spotify. Let us know, if you want to try it.
Here's even more movisensXS app improvements
- TimeRangeCondition can now define time ranges that transition days (e.g. 23.00-04.00)
- You can now explicitly allow and disallow apps
- The cards on the home screen are now ordered by priority for the participant
- Fixed the alarm notification to allow the resumption of an incomplete form
- The inactivity timer on forms is deactivated on several item formats (audio recording, timer, display video, presentation, cognition tests, external). Additionally the inactivity time on forms can be disabled by setting the inactivity time on forms to 0
- Alarms and forms will be stopped when study is paused
- Fixed issues that could allow access to the study control screen without a pin code
- Fixed an issue on selected smartphones that could cause movisensXS to crash when opening a form
- Barcode item now detects more formats (UPC-A & E, Code 39 & 93 & 128, EAN-8 & 13, QR Code)
- RTL compatible likert and visual analog scale
- Updating of server status if device is uncoupled/finished
- Various bug fixes
And some improvements of beta features
- Added calendar item and calendar time trigger
- Added option to limit log apps function to a specified set of apps
- Display ON/OFF logging now detects shutdown
- Added presentation item
- Fixed participant time trigger conflicts with time items and some condition blocks in the sampling
- New building blocks for the sampling to trigger based on movisens sensors
- Limiting estimated steps logging to 0-300 steps per minute
- Retry of uploads after unisens upload fails
- We fixed time overflow issues with the stopwatch item
- Notification when location services are disabled but needed