SensorTrigger functionality fully integrated in movisensXS
We're proud to announce that the sensor trigger for Experience Sampling and Ecological Momentary Assessment studies is now out of Beta. Now you can implement innovative research ideas by coupling one of our class leading activity sensors with movisensXS - our intuitive and comprehensive experience sampling platform - to capture truly insightful data.
Our research grade sensors analyze physiological parameters in real time and transmit the results via Bluetooth Smart. This allows individually configurable algorithms to trigger forms in movisensXS based on changes in physiology that the researcher wants to examine. By implementing one of our existing algorithms, the detection of physiological changes, such as high activity levels, sedentary behaviour, heart rate variability (RMSSD), and heart rate thresholds (among many others), can act as a trigger within your EMA/ESM study.
You have the freedom to select different algorithms for each individual participant, and also further customize the existing algorithms within groups. There's a range of existing algorithms developed for specific research projects that provide a small sampling of what is possible with this innovative technology.
If you have an existing algorithm that you would like to utilize, or an idea for a physiological marker that you would like to have as a trigger, we can work with you to implement this idea and develop your study.
Since the Beta we have added the possibility to skip the coupling of sensors when starting a study, allowing you to couple or re-couple sensors later.
If you want to use the movisens Sensor trigger feature please drop us a line under email@example.com
and tell us the Email address of your movisensXS account so we can grant you access to the feature. The full documentation describing the features can be found in our docs website.
Improved wizard for sending debug information
In case a study does not run correctly on a particular smartphone you can send us debug information from the Settings Screen. It is now required to type some description of the problem. This helps us to spot possible problems and continue to improve the user experience for everyone.
- Added Android 9 compatibility
- Fixed bug with Android Oreo or higher where notification sound can't be defined after startup anymore
- Added new dnd mode detection and prevention
- Changed behaviour in case of unexpected app restarts, which occasionally caused studies not to function in some rare cases
- Replaced Google Cloud Messaging with Firebase Cloud Messaging
- Fixed problems with DnD mode permission not being available in devices
- Fixed notification sound and channels with all different android versions
- Fixed bug in mutable values if they start with a whitespace
- Added possibility to disable the feedback for the cognitive Tests PVT and SART
- Fixed smaller bugs
Improvements of beta features (available on request)
- Changed Sampling Block "Log device running" to log every minute
- Added new "One Of" block to select randomized actions like forms
- Added possibility to analyze the results on an external server and trigger actions based on the analysis
- Added "Multi Geofence Trigger" which allows the specification of multiple geofences in a csv file
- Added "Log Static Locations" block and "Label Static Locations" item to record and label static locations of a participant during a study
- Added new "Play Sound Repeatedly" item
The next app release Warning:
The next release will drop the support for Android versions below Android 4.4. We have to do this step to increase the security of the encrypted data transfer as recommended by the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI).
Please make sure that you finish your study on Phones with Android lower than 4.4 in the next month and upload all data from these devices before 01.04.2020 otherwise you are not able to upload the data any more. As always, let us know if you have any questions. Please spread the word and tell your colleagues about our great new features.